Happy new year!
Hope that you all had a great Christmas and new year. Thank you for all for your support.
I’m hoping to write at least one blog post, in each category, every month. I’m also working on a couple of free E-Books, one about prayer and the other one will be a craft one. I’ll keep you updated about them and I will post them under the ‘my books,’ tab on this site.
Reading the bible in a year.
Welcome to my first Christian blog post!
As a Christian author, I thought it was important to start a blog so that readers can get a feel for who I am before purchasing copies of my books. My first book you can see under the relevant tab on this website, and I’m currently working on two Christian books that I’m hoping to publish this year. I will post on here when they will be out – along with publishing extracts on here too. I plan to have a free book available soon on here, again more details will follow once I have them. In the meantime, grab a hot drink and a biscuit and enjoy this blog post. 😊
As it’s the start of a new year, I thought I would start by writing about a few basic tips on how to read the bible in a year. Firstly, here are a few general pointers on how to read the bible.
Top tips on reading the bible:
- Make sure that you have a decent version of the Bible, such as, New King James version or the Good News bible, for example.
- Make reading the bible a regular time and place every day and do your best to stick to the routine, don’t beat yourself up if you miss a day just continue again the next day and pick up where you left off.
- Pray before you read to gain God’s understanding and let Him show you what you need to know through what you are about to read.
- Keep a notebook and pen nearby to jot down any thoughts you may have or things you need to look up at a later date. If you come across something you are not sure about, then write it down and ask someone in church you respect, someone who’s opinion you value and who knows the bible. If need be, ask several people to get a greater understanding. Your local bible study group or the leader of your church would be happy to help you too.
- Think about what you have read. What are the main points and how does this apply to your life?
- If necessary, write down things you need to pray about since reading the bible. We tend to forget things easily so keeping a note of them with make things easier for you.
As for reading the whole bible in a year there are several websites/books about this topic. I have done a quick search and found this one in the link below. The main point is reading it every day – the more of God’s word you get inside you the better off you will be.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share,