I hope you’re all doing well.
This week I’d like to share some more of my recent projects. The first one is my Star Wars themed bags. I love the films but had never bought any fabric related to it before, so lockdown was the time to buy some. I decided on this one and managed to get free postage, too.
The print is a bit directional because it depends who you want to face the right way up. I decided to make one bag with Rey the right side up and the other one with Luke the right way up. I love how they both turned out and I use them to keep my W.I.P bits and pieces in, so I don’t lose them. Before, I used to leave my knitted project pieces on the bed but then I’d end up losing them which was frustrating! But now that issue is resolved. 😊
I always loved the idea of making a boxed shaped bag, because you know how much I love bags. 😉 I’d found several patterns but most of them involved having raw edges somewhere on the inside of the finished bag, which I’m not a fan of. I eventually found a great pattern tutorial on You Tube. I made two of them, because the first one of any projects, is just the practice one. I was happy with them, but I need to practice making more of them, which is the same with a lot of things in life.
I’ve often looked at hexies and liked the idea of making them, but I wasn’t sure about all that hand sewing. Then someone on IG posted a picture of some fabric she had bought with hexagon shapes and science abbreviations on it, which got me thinking about the 1980’s television programme, Blockbusters. So, I thought I’d do some coloured hexies and make my own Blockbuster patch. I definitely need to practice sewing the hexies together because I had a lot of trouble stitching them but otherwise, it was all good.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share,